- US Sailing Certified Regional Race Official
- West Michigan Youth Sailing Association (WMYSA) Race Chairman
- Midwest Collegiate Sailing Association (MCSA) Board of Governors
- Intercollegiate Sailing Association (ICSA) Competition & Championships Committee
- S2 9.1 Meter North American One Design Class Association President
- Past roles include service as a member of local yacht club Boards and Committees, Junior Program Chairperson, Assistant High School/Collegiate Sailing Coach, and Regatta Chair for numerous events.
- US Sailing Judge-In-Training
- Protest Committee member
- Skilled Scorer and Signal Boat Staff member
- MarkSet Boat Assistant
- Veteran Regatta Organizer and Registration “Wrangler”
Scott has sailed competitively in dinghies and keel boats for nearly 40 years. Scott & Lisa met through sailing 28 years ago and, in the midst of getting married and having twin offspring, spent several years campaigning their offshore keel boat at regattas throughout Lake Michigan. Driven by their inherent desire to humbly serve and “give back”, they have been actively involved in race management for the past 20 years.
Scott and Lisa’s son and daughter grew up sailing in dinghies, competed throughout college, and the entire family is the core of the crew that continues to race their 30ft S2 9.1 Meter One Design on a weekly basis. Over the years, the Corders have been active members of multiple yacht clubs in West Michigan and are currently members of both Macatawa Bay Yacht Club and Muskegon Yacht Club.
In 2021, Scott was interviewed by Inside Great Lakes Sailing. The video is almost an hour long, but it does a rather nice job of capturing Scott’s approach to race management and his passion for supporting and building the next generation of sailors. Click HERE to watch the video.