The Grand Rapids Convention and Visitors Bureau offers meeting planners several forms of planning support through a program called “Grand Response.” If you are planning a meeting and are considering Grand Rapids as a prospective location, by all means, call the team at Scott Corder for assistance with your strategic and technical production needs. But for extra support, you can also call on the team at the CVB.
The CVB’s team of convention specialists serve as your one-stop resource for:
• Planning and coordinating site inspections
• Creating attendance-building promotions
• Arranging attendee welcomes
• Organizing on-site activities and entertainment
• And more!
The CVB exists to help you and your group make the most of your Grand Rapids stay, both during and after event hours. From easy-to-use online tools to in-depth personal consultation, they make sure you have everything you need at every step of your planning process. And it’s all absolutely FREE! The Grand Response team knows Grand Rapids. They know convention planning. And they will get to know you and your needs, in detail, so they can help you produce your most successful event yet!
Ensuring a Great Attendee Experience
Meeting Planners know that a successful conference needs more than educational seminars and good food at the banquets. Grand Rapids is a community that welcomes its visitors and provides a fresh, comfortable, and affordable destination for daytime activities and nightlife.
The Convention Service Team knows how to maximize the attendee experience for your conference, including:
- The Events Calendar that lets you know what’s happening in the Grand Rapids area during your visit
- Restaurants are notified of your conference information so their staff will be prepared for your visit
- Special airport welcome that includes welcome signage and a knowledgeable staff at our Airport Information Desk
- Grand Rapids information tables set up near conference registration sites, with local volunteers to provide helpful information and directions
- Welcome Signs in the windows of local businesses and restaurants
- Conference Signage Instructions for maximizing signage use at your conference
- Maps to help your attendees navigate the city, including Skywalk Maps – a great option for walking through the city
- The Marketing Tool Kit that lets you choose just the right information to include in your conference program, including pharmacy listings and distances to popular attractions
For information and assistance, visit: http://www.experiencegr.com/meetings/